Noticing that you have a mold problem in your home is never an easy thing. This is something that you should seriously consider hiring somebody to get rid of. Not only is it bad for your home since it can destroy parts of your home, but it can also be bad for your health as it can affect your respiratory and immune systems.
Although, are you familiar with the most common types of indoor and outdoor molds? Yes, you can even see molds outdoors – how crazy is that?
In this article, we’re going to show you the most common types of indoor and outdoor molds:
- Indoor Molds
A few molds can be found growing indoors, and while some of them aren’t toxic, it’s still incredibly important to get rid of them as soon as possible.
- Aspergillus is the one that’s most commonly found growing on your food and inside your HVAC systems.
- Stachybotrys Charta Rum is the type of mold known as “black mold” because of its slimy black appearance.
- Penicillium is the mold that grows on any surface that’s damaged by water, like carpets, wallpapers, and mattresses.
- Outdoor Molds
Now onto the mold types that can be found growing outdoors. Naturally, these can be pink, red, and even orange, and they can also appear slimy.
- Alternaria is a mold that can be found on your plants or in potting soil.
- Aureobasidium is a mold that can also be found on your plants, but also wood or the foundation of your home.
- Serpula lacrymans is a type of mold that’s yellow, and they grow on wood that causes them to rot.
We can’t reiterate enough how important it is to handle mold in your home because there are simply so many things at stake.
Call us today at One Plus Restoration for that mold removal or remediation service that your home needs. We provide our services to countless clients in Houston, Texas, and other nearby cities like Humble, Katy, Sugar Land, and more!